Thursday, February 15, 2007

"I hope"

Plenty to bitch about--including latest bit of blogger hubris documented by skippy. Started to get the "Not ready to make nice" song by the Dixie Chicks in my head. But I would like to refocus on the *positive* vision that is at the root of my impatience (sometimes outright disgust) with the Napoleanic tendencies of certain bloggers who have fallen into the trap of "believing their own press". So I'm sharing the lyrics fom another song from the same Chicks album:

From the Dixie Chicks album "Taking the Long Way"

Sunday morning, I heard the preacher say
Thou shall not kill
I don't wanna, hear nothin' else, about killin'
And that it's God's will
Cuz our children are watching us
They put their trust in us
They're gonna be like us
So let's learn from our history
And do it differently

CHORUS:
I hope
For more love, more joy and laughter
I hope
We'll have more than we'll ever need
I hope
We'll have more happy ever afters
I hope
We can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope

1 comment:

Tommy Lee said...

I am afraid that this statement is not correct "But I would like to refocus on the *positive* vision that is at the root of my impatience (sometimes outright disgust) with the Napoleanic tendencies of certain bloggers who have fallen into the trap of "believing their own press".
".
aerobic dvds.