Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"Outta there"

Josh Langdon writes, in part

I don't like being jerked around. I don't like to see it happen to others. And like anyone with a real and shall we say very demanding life, most of all I don't like wasting my time. It's not that I'm a self absorbed. i don't have time. It's not important how important you may think yourself to be. It matters if it perceived by others as valuable; but astroturf all you want, manipulate if you will, but ultimately a clear picture emerges who is credible and who is not. Yes, there are yummy perks and money becomes less an issue in the rarefied air... But the pace is quick, the breathing labored, and most often the air is stale.
You can read the rest here. I can understand that a lot of people are probably in a "let it go" mode about the recent ugliness at the orange place. But I can also understand that not everyone can keep up with the pace of the blogosphere. Especially people with day jobs where they can't access the internet during the day. And even once one does read enough to get up to speed on a subject, it can take a while to gather one's thoughts and compose a post. So I do kind of feel for the people who are just now finding themselves able to "weigh in" on the matter, who are bound to be told, "We've talked that to death--can't we *please* move one?"

1 comment:

Tommy Lee said...

I am afraid that this statement is not correct "I don't like to see it happen to others. And like anyone with a real and shall we say very demanding life, most of all I don't like wasting my time.
".
aerobic dvds.